The 2015 FiCEP program deadline has passed.
FiCEP, CUNA’s Financial Counseling Certification self-study program, enables all credit union staff to become more confident in helping members build a stronger financial future.
FiCEP is designed for credit union staff who work in the financial counseling, collections, and loan departments, or any other staff members who are committed to helping members gain control of their financial future.
Modeled after the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor Schools, FiCEP includes two parts of four learning modules each. When participants successfully complete the proctored exams for both parts (eight total modules), they become a Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor ready and able to assist your members reach their financial goals.
Scholarships are available through the YES Committee. Apply Today!
2015 FiCEP Training and Certification Schedule
Deadline for Registration: Friday, January 16
Orientation Webinar: Tuesday, January 26 | 2:00 p.m.
FiCEP Part 1 | Guided Self-Study Webinars
- Introduction to Financial Counseling (Module 1) | Tuesday, February 3 | 10:00 a.m.
- Financial Counseling Essentials (Module 2) | Tuesday, February 10 | 10:00 a.m.
- Study Group webinar (optional) | Thursday, February 12 | 10:00 a.m.
- Special Issues in Financial Counseling (Module 3) | Tuesday, March 3 | 10:00 a.m.
- Using Communication Skills During Financial Counseling (Module 4) | Thursday, March 12 | 10:00 a.m.
Exam proctoring for Modules 1-2: Week of February 16-27 (optional)
In-person training/proctored testing: March 19 | Wichita
FiCEP Part 2 | Guided Self-Study Webinars
- Taxes, Insurance and Investments (Module 5) | Tuesday, April 7 | 10:00 a.m.
- Controlling Expenses (Module 6) | Tuesday, April 14 | 10:00 a.m.
- Study Group webinar (optional) | Thursday, April 16 | 10:00 a.m.
- Money, Attitudes and Behaviors (Module 7) | Tuesday, May 5 | 10:00 a.m.
- Retirement & Personal Financial Preparedness (Module 8) | Tuesday, May 12 | 10:00 a.m.
Exam proctoring for Modules 5-6: Week of April 20-30 (optional)
In-Person Training/Testing: May 26 | Wichita (NEW date!)
Exams: Proctored exams will be taken online unless student notifies KCUA they would prefer a paper exam. Students who test online will receive immediate grade notification and confirmation. Students will be required to provide laptop or iPad to test online.
All webinars will be recorded and available for participants who cannot attend the live session.
Primary test site location will be Wichita with an optional test site in Topeka. Other sites may be considered and determined based on location of participants.
Benefits of the of having a certified financial counselor on staff
How much does the program cost?
$450 per person for books and exams. This includes eight (8) instructional webinars, two (2) study group webinars, (2) in-person training sessions and up to four (4) proctored exam sessions.
2 for 1 Option: CUNA will allow up to two employees to share a set of books. Please indicate this option on the registration form if sharing books. Cost for 2 for 1 option is $240 and covers costs of eight (8) proctored exams.
IMPORTANT: The books have been revised for the 2015 program, therefore, any books purchased in previous years will not be applicable for the 2015 program. Students enrolling in the 2015 program will be required to purchase a new set of books.
FiCEP Registration Form