JOHN MICHENER VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Each year the Kansas Credit Union Association honors an individual for their dedication and effort given to the credit union movement in Kansas.
The John Michener Volunteer of the Year award is given to a credit union volunteer for their contributions to the betterment of credit unions in Kansas the the past year.
OBJECTIVE: To recognize the service of outstanding credit union volunteers who have selflessly given time, effort, and talent to the support and promotion of the credit union idea and the betterment of credit unions in Kansas.
METHOD: Credit unions should submit to the education and training committee nominations of individuals from their credit unions. Nominations should be based upon, but not limited to, the criteria relating to credit union, chapter, Association, national, and volunteer activities. The education & training committee will select one winner from the nominations received.
RECOGNITION: The winner will be invited to the annual convention, where they will be awarded a plaque and receive complimentary registration and lodging for Saturday night. In addition, the nominees will be mentioned at the convention.
ELIGIBILITY: Any volunteer currently serving on the board or committee of a League-affiliated credit union is eligible. A volunteer is defined as a person who serves a credit union in a volunteer capacity and has not been paid by any credit union for his/her credit union activities during the past 12-month period. No activities as a paid employee of a credit union should be submitted.
Current employees of the KCUA are not eligible to receive the award.
CRITERIA: The candidate should be a person of good reputation in his/her community who understands and works to promote the credit union philosophy, contributes to the betterment of the credit union movement in Kansas, and demonstrates loyalty to the organized credit union movement.
This may be evidenced by the following:
- Significant achievements and contributions to the credit union movement
- Unselfish devotion to his/her duties as a credit union volunteer.
- Dedication to and belief in the importance and value of continuing education and training
- Success in maintaining or improving the financial fitness of his/her own credit union.
- Dedication to and belief in the credit union system as evidenced by involvement at the chapter or Association or national levels, and participation in other activities to further the organized movement
Nomination deadline is Friday, April 3.
Past Award Recipients
Please complete the nomination form below.