Getting escrow right is very important to the borrower, your credit union, and the examiners. It involves many requirements, including initial analysis and disclosure, annual disclosures, recordkeeping, and more. For example, RESPA, TILA, and flood compliance regulations all address when escrow is required. This webinar will review the entire process, and reveal common errors and examiner citations that highlight the “hot buttons.” Checklists will be provided to ensure your credit union complies with the escrow requirements and that your disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
The handouts will be provided in Word using procedural language. This will provide a template for writing or enhancing your own escrow procedures.
- When does escrow apply according to RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood regulations?
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How should escrow be disclosed on the GFE and HUD statement?
- What needs to be included on the initial disclosure and annual and short-year statements?
- What should be done if there is a shortage, surplus, or deficiency?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Worksheet for reviewing escrow account disclosures and calculations
- Sample checklists to test disclosure content
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
Lending Council members receive 10% discount.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.