Proper loan documentation is essential to the lender’s ability to enforce the loan and to collect against the collateral. Consumer loan documentation is becoming more difficult and complex, and consumer regulatory disclosures are changing on a frequent basis. This webinar will provide you with a thorough, up-to-date understanding of consumer loan documents and the perfection of security interests in both real and personal property collateral. It will also cover the applicable compliance rules under Reg B, Reg Z, and RESPA.
- Review of the various consumer loan documents and the purpose of each
- Proper ways to perfect security interest in the consumer’s real and personal property
- Loan document provisions that commonly confuse and trip up lenders
- What documents can the lender require the borrower’s spouse to sign?
- How does a lender prove that applicants applied for joint credit and why is that important?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- NCUA Examiner’s Guide on the Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and RESPA
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer loan officers, loan operations personnel, member service representatives, compliance officers, attorneys, auditors, and managers.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Elizabeth Fast, JD, CPA, Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Elizabeth is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions. She is a member of the Missouri State Banking Board by appointment of the Governor.
Lending Council members receive 10% discount.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.