Auditing loan files has always been an important undertaking. With all the regulatory changes, it’s vital to ensure your loans comply. Because lending includes hefty safety and soundness and compliance requirements, there are many opportunities for errors. The goal of auditing is to catch errors before the examiners find them and initiate corrective action. This session will help identify what the examiners are looking for in residential real estate, consumer, and commercial loan files regarding both compliance and safety and soundness.
- How to pull your sample size for the audit (statistically and intuitively)
- How to make your audit more "risk-based” as required by the examiners
- A "run through” of real estate, consumer, and commercial loan files, including the compliance regulations affecting those loans
- Auditing safety and soundness guidelines
- Audit reporting procedures for the board and/or Audit Committee
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Fact sheets ("cheat sheets”) for the 2014 lending changes
- Sample checklists to use for audits
- Fair lending worksheet to assist with doing a spot check
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for internal auditors. Compliance officers, lenders, loan administrators, and processors will also benefit.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publication.
Lending Council members receive 10% discount.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.