Did you know that RESPA covers both open- and closed-end loans? Do you know when RESPA does not apply to an application? RESPA covers so much more than just the Good Faith Estimate and Settlement Statements (and covers even more in 2014!). This webinar is designed to provide a good overview of all RESPA components, from the definition of application to the requirements for servicing mortgage loans, including the new error resolution and information request processes with which you must comply. Escrow calculation and notification requirements, servicing practices, and much more will be outlined in this program.
- Learn what constitutes a "settlement service”
- Latest developments on kickbacks and unearned fees
- Determine when you have a completed application that requires sending the Good Faith Estimate
- The tolerances for fees disclosed on the Good Faith Estimate and settlement statements
- Requirements for escrow accounts and error resolution regarding loan servicing
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample escrow calculation examples
- RESPA required notices and disclosures
- Links to forms, FAQs, and form instructions online
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for HELOC and mortgage loan processors, loan officers and loan servicing personnel, including collectors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Mary-Lou Heighes, Compliance Plus, Inc.
Mary-Lou Heighes is President and founder of Compliance Plus, Inc. Involved in the financial services industry since 1989, she has worked in numerous positions, including loan officer, marketer, and collector. She also worked at a state trade association for seven years providing compliance assistance and advising on state and federal legislative issues that affect financial institutions.
Compliance Plus, Inc. was founded in 2000 to provide compliance assistance to financial industry. Since then, Mary-Lou has helped financial institutions with developing compliance programs, provided compliance training nationwide, and spoken at numerous conferences throughout the country. She has been an instructor at regulatory compliance schools, conducts dozens of webinars and conferences throughout the country, and has written articles for Credit Union Magazine.
Lending Council Members receive 10% discount.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.