HR recordkeeping is a very important topic for any size company. The mantra of HR is "document, document, document!” Documentation is vital. Without appropriate records, you are less likely to "pass” government agency audits (DOL, OFCCP, IRS, etc.) and less likely to prevail in lawsuits.
Do you want to ensure you are meeting federal and state requirements? If so, join us for this must-attend webinar that will focus on recordkeeping and documentation requirements and best practices. You will have a chance to "test” your knowledge, practice completing required forms, and learn the ins and outs of recordkeeping during the course of each staff member’s employment.
- Basic recordkeeping requirements for each HR function: recruitment and selection; hiring and on-boarding; compensation and benefits administration; and disciplinary and termination processes
- Policies employees must follow, the consequences of not following them, and the documentation required to substantiate your actions
- Record retention requirements and the rules of personnel file maintenance
- Laws that require employers to notify employees of their rights and responsibilities
- Best practices when developing recordkeeping procedures and practices
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample audit checklists
- Useful website links
- Sample record retention policy
- Additional detail on conducting an I-9 audit – an essential recordkeeping requirement
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This information is designed for staff responsible for human resource recordkeeping and maintenance. Supervisors will also benefit from learning the ins and outs of required recordkeeping and documentation, especially if some employment functions are decentralized.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Kay Robinson, SPHR, Robinson HR Consulting, LLC
Kay is the Principal of Robinson HR Consulting, LLC. She has served as an HR consultant and practitioner for over 25 years, including 14+ years as Director of HR Consulting Services with RSM McGladrey; Assistant Vice Chancellor for HR at the University of North Carolina; and Associate Director for HR at the University of Rochester/Strong Memorial Hospital.
A frequent speaker, Kay received her Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in HR/Adult Learning at the University of Rochester; is a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR); and serves as an adjunct faculty member at UNCW in the Cameron School.
HR Council Members receive a 10% discount.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.