The head teller is one of the most important supervisors in your credit union! A skilled head teller means greater productivity and greater profit. This session will teach head tellers how to bring out the best in their team and themselves – increasing professionalism and productivity and improving your bottom line!
You will receive two surveys to learn more about your team and the corporate culture of your credit union, as well as a personal development plan outline. In addition, you will receive a unique performance evaluation form that will help both the supervisor and team members develop their banking skills. This one-of-a-kind, credit-union-specific webinar will cover communication methods, motivation, service orientation, training, and performance feedback. It will be the best training your head teller receives this year!
- Develop the tools needed by your team
- Training about products, regulations, credit union objectives
- Productive staff meetings
- Four basic principles of managing people and motivating them
- Strong organizational skills improve everyone’s performance
- Establishing a service culture
- Developing your staff one-by-one by using a personal development plan
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample surveys to administer to identify specific needs of your staff and the branch
- Personal development plan for your team members
- Sample performance evaluation
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for head tellers, however, branch staff will also benefit as it will open communication within the team, thus helping to determine what works best for your credit union.
THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued
her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions
through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits,
marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has
spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state
associations and has taught at the School
of Banking Administration
at the University
of Wisconsin as well as
many other state banking schools. Ann is
the author of The Bank Deposit
Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers
Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.