Directors play an important role in the success of every credit union. The CFPB has issued many changes to regulations that became effective in January 2014. What does your board need to know? Can your credit union demonstrate that all the required changes have been implemented and that an effective compliance management system is in place? Can you prove that all members are treated equally under the existing and new fair lending laws? With this webinar, directors will learn about their roles and responsibilities in these areas. In addition, you can use the provided materials to satisfy the periodic training for board members. Webinar topics include:
- NCUA Rule 701.4 for directors (general authorities and duties of federal credit union directors)
- Best practices for effective compliance management, including succession planning and compliance oversight
- Recent developments in fair lending issues
- What regulators expect board members to understand about compliance management
- What type of overview should be in place when new regulations require a board-approved policy or procedure?
- Critical compliance training for new board members
- Five “best practices” for making compliance reports to the board
- What should the board understand about fair lending? How does the CFPB impact your credit union?
- What are the risk factors in fair lending analysis and what type of reviews should be presented to the board?
- Recent enforcement actions regarding vendor management and violations of fair lending laws
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of five best practices for board education
- Seven steps for effective board succession planning
- Best practices checklist for vendor management
- Sample template for compliance reports for the board
- Checklist of annual policies that should be adopted
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for directors, Supervisory Committee members, volunteers-in-training and other volunteers, CEOs, managers, auditors, compliance officers, and senior management.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Susan Costonis, Compliance Consulting and Training for FIs
Susan Costonis is a compliance consultant and trainer. She specializes in compliance management along with deposit and lending regulatory training. Most of her 35-year career was spent as a banker in several areas including lending, loan administration, electronic banking, and compliance risk management.
Susan has successfully managed compliance programs and exams for institutions that ranged from a community bank to large multi-state bank holding companies. She has been a compliance officer for institutions supervised by the OCC, FDIC, and Federal Reserve. Susan has been a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager since 1998, completed the ABA Graduate Compliance School, and graduated from the University of Akron and the Graduate Banking School of the University of Colorado. She regularly presents to financial institution audiences in several states and “translates” complex regulations into simple concepts by using humor and real life examples.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.