Red flags for identity theft, the Bribery Act, and the Privacy Act mandate regular training for everyone at the financial institution. Since employees are responsible for watching for identity theft, it’s important to have training on the various ways “red flags” manifest. The Bribery Act contains guidance for acceptable and professional behavior. The Privacy Act contains specifics regarding ensuring protection of consumer information.
This webinar will cover these three areas in order to fulfill the federal training requirements and will arm your staff with the information needed to ensure proper procedures are followed. The materials will include training tools and useful resources to monitor and effectively manage compliance.
- Red flags for identity theft:
- What should different departments know?
- Indications that a member’s identity may have been compromised
- Bribery Act sample policy language (a code of conduct) to ensure solid policy
- Handouts will be in Word, so sample policy language can be easily altered to develop or strengthen your current policy
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet of the Bribery Act’s major requirements
- Cheat sheet of consumer privacy requirements
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all employees, including compliance officers and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.