Wire transfers are very high risk in terms of fraud, money laundering, and other unlawful activities. Regardless of your institution’s size, compliance with wire transfer regulations is required. Both compliance and safety and soundness examiners are scrutinizing policies, procedures, and forms to ensure the risk is ultimately mitigated.
This webinar will cover the regulatory requirements and how to identify and react to potential wire fraud attempts. Since policies and procedures are key to successfully handling compliance and risk, the webinar manual will be structured as a policy/procedure template so you can compare it to your existing policy and update as necessary.
- Sample policies/procedures will include:
- Requirements on incoming and outgoing wires, both domestic and international
- Bank Secrecy Act requirements for wires and recordkeeping
- Identification and authentication requirements (including “call backs”)
- OFAC screening
- USA PATRIOT Act 314(a) requirements
- And much more
- Regulation J (Subpart B) regarding wire transfers
- UCC-4A and wire transfers
- Additional miscellaneous issues and requirements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample wire transfer policies and procedures
- Wire transfer agreement, log, and incoming/outgoing forms
- International wire transfer form
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and wire transfer staff.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode-Harner began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.