Directors and senior management are ultimately responsible (and liable) for ensuring the financial institution has an effective compliance program. Board and management training is a key component in establishing and maintaining a strong compliance program. It is vital that directors understand the various compliance areas that require their annual review and approval.
This session will provide a list of those areas, with a focus on risk-based compliance management – including required training for Bank Secrecy Act. The high-risk areas will be covered in lay terms, with the board in mind (presenting the information most important to the board). Understand your responsibilities and liabilities before the examiner is at the door!
- BSA – Director responsibilities and liabilities; board reporting and communication required
- Fair Lending – An ongoing hot button
- How to mitigate the risk of any fair lending issues that may surface
- Key areas covered during fair lending examinations.
- Privacy – From the board room to every employee, the privacy of consumer information is imperative and expected
- Red Flags for Identity Theft – Specific requirements for board reporting will be covered to ensure the correct information is being presented to the board.
- Administrative Issues for Compliance – Examiners are focusing on the compliance administrative processes throughout the institution, which begins at the board table. Do you know what is expected?
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Regulations checklist for directors and management – a useful reference tool to help with ongoing training requirements
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors, management, compliance officers, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - $75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records.