Fair lending is a hot topic right now – from the mortgage "meltdown” to how you deal with your nonperforming loans, there is much to consider. When was the last time you looked at your own fair lending program? Have you accounted for the new risks examiners are looking for? This program will help you to understand the extent of Regulation B, the Fair Housing Act (FHA), as well as guidance and direction the regulatory agencies look to be going in the future.
Covered topics include:
- Prohibited bases under the rules – what they really mean
- Evaluating applications and underwriting – what you can and cannot consider, plus proving it
- Fair lending litigation trends and lessons – redlining, credit availability, and more
- Steering rules: "putting the right person into the right loan” – how can we demonstrate this?
- Maintaining an effective and comprehensive fair lending program
- Consequences for violating the rules - not just fines
Speaker: Carl Pry, a Senior Director of Treliant Risk Advisors, is a seasoned executive with banking law, corporate finance, and regulatory compliance experience in Fortune 500 institutions, regional banks and industry consulting firms. Carl advises clients on commercial compliance, fair lending, corporate treasury and risk management.
Lending Council members receive a 10% discount.
Over $75 million - $109 per telephone connection
$25-$75 million - $89 per telephone connection
Under $25 million - $59 per telephone connection
An audio archive is available at no additional charge and can be accessed for 60 days after the live session. Instructions on accessing the archive will be sent with your connecting instructions and confirmation.
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Upon registration, you will receive an email confirmation that you can print for your records. Connecting instructions will be emailed to you approximately two days before the event.
Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials have been sent to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.