In today’s complex and regulation driven world, there are areas of risk exposure of which every credit union should aware. This session will cover the following areas of most common risk and ways to prepare the workplace to mitigate them.
Topics covered include:
- The interplay of FMLA, ADA and Workers Comp Covering your bases with I-9 and IMMIGRATION
- Why DISCIPLINE and TERMINATIONS can actually be the two best preventions for lawsuits
- The art of SELECTION and COMPENSATION – and the legal ramifications that can land you in hot water
- PPACA – how the new health care law creates new areas of worry for your risk management team
- GENERAL HUMAN RESOURCES practices – including handbooks, policies, supervisory responsibilities and a host of other topics important in keeping your workplace compliant and complaint free. (almost!)
Who Should Attend:
Ideal for all levels of management, including those in human resources and benefits positions, this session will have time built in to answer questions and allow for comments and discussion among the participants.
About the Presenter: Janie Warner, Regions Insurance Group, Inc.
Janie Warner is a self proclaimed "Credit Union Evangelist” who believes whole heartedly in the credit union philosophy. Janie is also a seasoned business executive with more than 25 years professional experience in senior management and in human resources. She is the former Vice President/Human Resources for Arkansas Federal Credit Union and served as Chief Administrative Officer for ABC Financial Services.
She currently serves as an internal consultant for Regions Insurance Group, Inc. as well as being a featured speaker for financial services groups all across the United States. Janie holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Evangel University and a master’s degree in management from Golden Gate University.
Credit Unions over $75M $159
Credit Unions $25-$75M $139
Credit Unions under $25M $79
HR/Training Council members receive a 10% discount.
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $25M, 50% for credit unions between $25-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.