IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
What You Will Learn:
Introduction to IRAs
- Explain the benefits of an IRA
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
Establishing an IRA
- Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
- Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
- Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Identify the contribution limit and deadline
- Ensure accurate contribution reporting
- Distinguish the possible taxes on IRA distributions
- Identify federal and state tax withholding requirements
- Examine IRS penalties and their exceptions
- Ensure accurate distribution reporting
- Identify the differences between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Ensure accurate rollover reporting
- Recognize reporting requirements and outline IRA reporting deadlines
Who Should Attend?
You should attend this seminar if you need to learn the basics of Traditional and Roth IRAs or want an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
About the Presenter: Paul Kern CIS, CIP, CISP, Product Manager of Education
Paul Kern is the Product Manager for Education at Ascensus, Inc. He is responsible for conducting, collaboratively designing and evaluating all training programs to meet the needs of financial organizations nation-wide.
He is an active member of the National Certified IRA Professional (CIP) Examination Board of Directors and CIP Commission. Before joining Ascensus in 2009, Paul worked for CUNA Mutual Group for 5 years as a training consultant. Prior to 2004, Paul worked in K-12 Education for 10 years. He taught 1st and 2nd grade for 4 years and was a technology integrator for 6 years.
CUs under $7M in assets: $ 89 per person (no cost to attend with scholarship)
CUs between $7-$75M in assets: $139 per person ($69.50 with scholarship)
CUs over $75M in assets: $169 per person ($126.75 with scholarship)
A 10% discount will be applied for multiple attendees from your credit union. Discount applies to IRA Essentials and/or IRA Advanced workshops.
Discount will be applied after registration has been received.
Education Scholarships are Available: Apply Today!
Hotel at Old Town
830 East First
Wichita, KS 67202
Deadline: Monday, September 2, 2013