Many regulations require regular periodic, ongoing training. All too often we forget that examiners focus on the operational requirements of deposit regulations in addition to frontline compliance. This webinar will concentrate on the regulations that affect deposit operations, including funds availability, check holds, CIP documentation, CTRs, BSA, Regulation E claims, and more. It will also address common errors in deposit operations; BSA compliance; and operational considerations for Regulations CC, D, DD, and E. The session will ensure that deposit operations employees fulfill their training requirement for these regulations.
- BSA red flags from the operations side
- Reg CC – common errors on placing and releasing holds
- Reg D – excessive withdrawals from savings and member notifications
- Reg E – error resolution, overdraft programs, and opt-in
- Reg DD – statement issues, fee changes
- Privacy issues
- Right to Financial Privacy Act – types of information requests and your responsibilities
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample Reg D letters regarding excessive withdrawals
- Sample error-resolution procedure and tracking log
- Sample tracking log for information requests under the Right to Financial Privacy Act
IMPORTANT TOOLS PROVIDED
This training will include the following items so that you are able to provide solid documentation for examiners:
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
All registrants will receive the attendance certification and training log, regardless of whether they attend the live or archived version.
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is designed for all deposit operation employees, compliance officers, and auditors.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER – Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools.
Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - 75 million
|Under $25 million
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $7M, 50% for credit unions between $7-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.