Email, social media, mobile devices, and the web dramatically increase credit unions’ exposure to costly and protracted risks including lawsuits, regulatory investigations, security breaches, mismanaged business records, damaged reputations, productivity drains, and public relations nightmares. This webinar will review the electronic risks facing credit unions and provide best-practices-based rules, policies, and procedures to help reduce the likelihood of online disasters, while increasing compliance and enhancing communication. Learn why and how to develop and implement a strategic-policy-based compliance management program that combines written rules, employee training, and technology tools.
- How a strategic compliance management program can help you anticipate and deflect legal liabilities, regulatory disasters, security breaches, and other electronic risks
- Best practices to ensure legal, regulatory, and organizational compliance
- Why and how you must preserve, protect, and produce electronic business records
- Creating effective email, web, social media, and mobile device policies
- Conducting an annual e-policy audit
- Best practices to manage content, use, records, and risks
- The "3-Es” of electronic compliance management
- Enforcing e-policies at work, home, and on the road
- Tips for effective e-policy training
- Supporting policy with best-in-class technology tools
- Monitoring rules: reconciling privacy expectations with legal realities
- Learning from real-life disaster stories
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample mobile device policy
- Sample e-policy audit questionnaire
- Social Media Rules tip sheet
- Writing Effective Policies whitepaper
- Electronic training logo
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session is a must for HR managers, lawyers, compliance officers, IT directors, and others who are responsible for the credit union’s electronic policy and compliance management program. In addition, anyone who communicates via email, social media, mobile devices, or the web will benefit.
About the Presenter - Nancy Flynn, The ePolicy Institute & Business Writing Institute
A recognized expert on workplace policy, communication, and compliance, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute and Business Writing Institute. She provides training, coaching, and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills.
Nancy is the author of 12 books including The Social Media Handbook and Writing Effective E-Mail. An in-demand trainer, she conducts seminars, webinars, and one-on-one coaching for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to workplace email and web use.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - 75 million
|Under $25 million