In the "new normal,” all aspects of a financial institution’s business are expected to receive increased regulatory attention. Home equity and junior lien mortgage portfolios are no exception. This webinar will cover new regulatory guidance related to junior lien risk management practices and simple steps credit unions can take to ensure compliance. Regulatory compliance and risk management best practices will be addressed as well as underwriting and origination, account and portfolio monitoring, considerations when implementing line management actions (capping or freezing lines), loan modifications, and ALLL analysis.
- How the Interagency Guidance on Allowance Estimation Practices for Junior Lien Loans & Lines of Credit affects financial institutions
- Tips on ensuring an adequate ALLL methodology is in place for junior lien portfolios
- Dos and don’ts of a line management program (capping or freezing a borrower’s line)
- Regulators’ expectations for monitoring the status of a borrower’s first lien mortgage
- Best practices for underwriting, documentation, loan modifications, and product design
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
Electronic training logo
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit risk managers, senior credit personnel, loan officers, credit analysts, and those involved with the ALLL process.
About the Presenter: S. Wayne Linder, Young & Associates, Inc.
With over 30 years as a banking veteran, Wayne Linder was formerly the CEO of a community bank. At Young & Associates, Inc., Wayne works as a senior lending and management consultant. He performs loan reviews; assists financial institutions under regulatory enforcement agreements; performs management and board of director assessments; and develops and implements written policies throughout all areas of the financial institution. Wayne is a popular seminar speaker with both national and international experience. In addition to his many published articles, he is the author of Loan Review Deskbook.
|Over $75 million
|$7 - 75 million
|Under $7 million
Cancellation Policy: Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials are distributed to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.