Perpetrators just keep getting smarter and craftier! Red Flags for Identity Theft, the Bribery Act, and the Privacy Act require regular training for ALL employees. Examiners report that they are not seeing sufficient training in these areas. This session will cover the specific types of identity theft that staff may encounter – from lending to frontline to operations. In addition, you’ll learn about bribery technical requirements that should be included in policies and procedures. The section on privacy will provide "common sense” information regarding everyday handling of consumer information.
The materials will include training tools and useful resources for monitoring and effectively managing compliance. This session will cover these three areas in enough depth to fulfill training requirements and arm your staff with the necessary information to ensure successful regulator review.
- Red Flags for Identity Theft: What should different departments know? What are indicators that a member’s identity may have been compromised?
- Bank Bribery Act: Sample policy language (a code of conduct of sorts) to ensure strong policy
- Privacy of consumer financial information sample policy language
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet of Bank Bribery Act major requirements to teach employees the rules
- Cheat sheet of consumer privacy chief requirements
- Handout will include policy language for both to help develop or strengthen policy
IMPORTANT TOOLS PROVIDED:
This training will include the following items so that you are able to provide solid documentation for examiners:
- Letter of attendance certification with webinar outline
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
All registrants will receive the attendance certification and training log, regardless of whether they attend the live or archived version.
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for all staff, especially compliance officers and auditors. Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
About the Presenter: Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $75 million
|$25 - 75 million
|Under $25 million