From a technology and cost standpoint, cloud computing can be a very attractive option for credit unions. Unfortunately, assessing the risks and security of a cloud-based solution can be difficult and time consuming. However, this should not deter exploring these options, because the cloud-provider systems could be preferable to an in-house solution. This session will explore the security concerns credit unions need to consider when evaluating cloud solutions and how to assess them.
- Due diligence: ensuring providers meet cost, quality, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- Vendor management: creating controls to mitigate risks
- Audit: assessing whether a third-party servicer’s internal controls are sufficient
- Information security: updating policies to fit the cloud-computing model
- Legal, regulatory, and reputational considerations: identifying and mitigating risks
- Business-continuity planning: determining whether a third-party servicer has resources to ensure continuity of operations
Who Should Attend?
This session is designed for credit union decision makers who are using or contemplate using a cloud-computing model in which all or part of the service is outsourced. Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
About the Presenter – Jeramie Stoner, Advanced Network Solutions
Jeramie Stoner has worked in the IT industry for over 13 years. With Advanced Network Solutions since 2007, he is the Senior Technology Consultant and manages the Solution Delivery Department providing consulting and implementation services. Jeramie is directly involved with the design, implementation, security, and ongoing support of IT infrastructure for multiple financial institutions throughout Tennessee.
Jeramie studied Information Technology at Chattanooga State Technical Community College in Chattanooga and Business Administration at Bryan College in Dayton, TN.
|Over $75 million
|$7 - 75 million
|Under $7 million
Cancellation Policy: Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials are distributed to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.