Flood Insurance Compliance Update: Requirements, Issues & FAQs Webinar
In Your Credit Union
The regulatory agencies are monitoring flood compliance more than ever before and have been quick to issue penalties. This session will review flood basics and the most-recent, frequently-asked questions (FAQs). This must-attend session will provide tools and sample procedures to help ensure your next flood exam will be seamless. In addition, the Biggert-Waters Insurance Reform Act was finalized and has been signed into law. Although no implementation date has been published, this webinar will address the required changes so you will be prepared.
- What loans are covered by this regulation?
- Flood determinations: complete, accurate, and timely
- Notice for flood properties – timing is imperative
- How much flood insurance is enough? A worksheet to test insurance coverage.
- The most-recent FAQs focus on determining the appropriate amount of insurance
- Force placing insurance: What are your credit union’s procedures?
- New requirements of the Biggert-Waters Insurance Reform Act
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample procedures for flood compliance and the new requirements of Biggert-Waters
- Monitoring and tracking tools
- Tools for reviewing your flood compliance files
- Worksheet to test whether you have enough insurance coverage
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will benefit lenders, loan processors, compliance officers, and auditors. Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
About the Presenter: Ann Brode, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Ann Brode began her career in 1973 and has continued her service as a consultant to regional and community financial institutions through a wide range of areas including strategic planning, lending, deposits, marketing, training, compliance, and management. Ann is a well-respected presenter and has spoken to audiences across the country for over 25 years. She has presented sessions for numerous state associations and has taught at the School of Banking Administration at the University of Wisconsin as well as many other state banking schools. Ann is the author of The Bank Deposit Documentation Manual for Front-Line Personnel, published by Bankers Publishing Company, and is well represented in numerous industry publications.
|Over $7 million
|$7 - 75 million
|Under $7 million
Cancellation Policy: Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials are distributed to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
« Go to Upcoming Event List