Monitoring the Effectiveness of Your Compliance Program Webinar
2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
In Your Credit Union
Today's credit unions are subject to myriad regulations. Failure to comply with these regulations is costly and can cause reputational damage and penalties and impair the credit union's ability to achieve its business objectives. Resources are limited – everything can’t be checked and rechecked. Consequently, it is vital that compliance officers conduct compliance reviews and test business activities to monitor the effectiveness of compliance policies and procedures as well as staff adherence – and do so in a cost-effective manner.
- Developing a compliance-risk profile and assessment
- Developing a comprehensive risk-based compliance testing and quality assurance program
- Defining quality assurance, testing, and compliance auditing roles and responsibilities
- Determining the frequency of quality assurance testing and auditing
- Defining the scope of testing Developing appropriate test procedures
- Sampling techniques
- Documenting compliance QA, testing, and audit results
- Potential benefits of outsourcing compliance testing and auditing and how to select outsourced vendors
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Compliance risk-assessment template
- Compliance-testing template
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, internal auditors, and risk officers. Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
About the Presenter: Kenneth W. Proctor, Abound Resources
Ken Proctor is the managing director of risk management for Abound Resources, a national management consulting firm. During his 38-year banking and consulting career, he has served as an internal consultant with a major regional bank, held management positions in the auditing departments of two southeastern regional commercial banks, and worked as a public accountant. Ken created the risk management practice area for two national financial services consulting companies and has also served as a senior consultant with two international risk management/consulting firms. He has authored articles on risk management and technology for various industry publications and is an active member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists and the Information Systems Audit and Control Association.
|Over $75 million
|$7 - 75 million
|Under $7 million
Cancellation Policy: Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials are distributed to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.
« Go to Upcoming Event List