Lenders often use tax returns to identify qualifying income for borrowers. But taxable income and cash flow are usually different. Borrowers pay you back with cash flow, not taxable income. Understanding the cash flow of borrowers is as important as it has ever been. This webinar takes the mystery out of borrowers’ personal income tax returns. No more guessing how much cash flow your borrower is really earning. You will learn how to obtain verifiable income from rental and royalty property (Schedule E Page 1), from partnerships and S corporations (Schedule E Page 2), and from farms (Schedule F).
Overestimating income from a tax return can lead to approval of a weak loan that could eventually cost you tens of thousands of dollars. Underestimating income can lead you to deny good loans you need to grant in this tough economy. This seminar will make the process of analyzing personal income tax returns simple and understandable by using quality instruction and frequent examples.
What You Will Learn:
- Form 1040 Page 1 – Find hidden income on the front page of the return and remove taxable income that has no cash flow benefit
- Schedule E Page 1 – Calculate the real cash flow from a rental property
- Schedule E Page 1 – Understand the effect of mortgage interest and principal paid on debt ratios, cash flow, debt service, and disposable income
- Schedule E Page 2, Partnerships & S Corporations – Learn what information is usually useless for a lender and identify where to find the real cash flow
- Schedule F, Farm Income – Uncover additional income that might be hidden in farm income
- Complimentary Lenders Tax Analyzer© which allows lenders to obtain a borrower's real cash flow from a Form 1040, including income from rentals, self-employment, farms, partnerships, S Corporations, investments, etc. Three tax years are all linked on one report.
DON’T MISS PART 1!
This program is the second of two in a series. There’s still time to register for:
"Qualifying Borrowers Using Personal Tax Returns Part 1:
Basics, Itemized Deductions, Interest & Dividend Income,
Sole Proprietorships & Capital Gains”
on Wednesday, January 23, 2013.
Or if you missed it, you can order an archive of the live webinar, complete with handout materials.
Who Should Attend:
This informative session is designed for anyone in the lending area including chief lending officers, MSRs, sales staff, brokerage staff, new accounts personnel, loan officers, loan underwriters, credit analysts, loan processors, branch managers, CEOs, and other key lending staff. Attendance verification for CE credits provided upon request.
About the Presenter: Tim Harrington, CPA, TEAM Resources Tim Harrington is a Certified Public Accountant who specializes in working with community financial institutions. Since 1996, Tim has been President of TEAM Resources, a firm which provides consulting, strategic planning, and training from coast-to-coast.
A presenter at over 1,000 financial conferences, seminars, and webinars, Tim has provided consulting and training for hundreds of community financial institutions in nearly every state and four countries. Tim advises boards and senior management teams on strategy, profitability, and governance and works with staff on leadership and lending. In addition, he is a faculty member of three financial institution schools and is the author of the popular lending software "Lenders Tax Analyzer” and has taught lending personnel how to obtain monthly income from tax returns since 1992.
|Over $75 million
|$7 - 75 million
|Under $7 million
Cancellation Policy: Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials are distributed to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.
Please note: The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone.