In a challenging economy with high unemployment, increased bankruptcies, and low consumer confidence, successful credit unions must find ways to increase loan growth and profitability without increasing risks. Explore risk-based lending best practices that have proven to increase loan growth and profitability in a challenging economy. Learn how you can analyze credit reports and show members how they can improve their credit scores. Find out what you can do to strengthen relationships with your existing and new members seeking loans. Explore risk management strategies that help successful credit unions minimize losses and delinquencies.
- Learn how you can cultivate a proactive lending philosophy that will bring in more loan opportunities and increase member loyalty.
- Discover creative lending strategies that help you capture more profitable loans.
- Explore risk-based lending practices that increase loan opportunities and profitability
- Learn how to analyze a credit report and assess risks without using the credit score
- Find out how you can help people improve their credit score to qualify for loans and get lower interest rates
- Determine the best approach to turn unsecured loan requests into secured loan requests
- Discover risk management strategies that can minimize losses and delinquencies
Speaker: Celeste Cook has worked in the credit union industry for 20+ years and has been a professional speaker and trainer for more than 15 years. She is President/CEO of cuStrategies, LLC, which provides consulting services and training programs to the credit union industry. Celeste previously worked for a $1.6 billion credit union in Atlanta, Georgia, and worked as a consultant with Rex Johnson of Lending Solutions Consulting. She is a keynote and motivational speaker as well as a consultant and trainer. Celeste conducts lending, business development, leadership, and sales and service training programs and schools.
Lending Council members receive a 10% discount
Over $75 million - $159 per telephone connection
$7-$75 million - $139 per telephone connection
Under $7 million - $79 per telephone connection
An audio archive is available at no additional charge and can be accessed for 60 days after the live session. Instructions on accessing the archive will be sent with your connecting instructions and confirmation.
Scholarships are available for all KCUA education events. Scholarships pay 100% of registration fee for credit unions under $7M, 50% for credit unions between $7-$75M and 25% for credit unions over $75M.
Sorry, no cancellations are allowed after connecting instructions and handout materials have been sent to registrants. Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged.