The Kansas Credit Union Association is pleased to partner with REAL Solutions and CUNA to offer this unique financial counseling training program for credit union staff.
FiCEP, CUNA’s Financial Counseling Certification self-study program, enables all credit union staff to become more confident in helping members build a stronger financial future.
FiCEP is designed for credit union staff who work in the financial counseling, collections, and loan departments, or any other staff members who are committed to helping members gain control of their financial future. Modeled after the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor Schools, FiCEP includes two parts of four learning modules each. When participants successfully complete the proctored exams for both parts (eight total modules), they become a Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor ready and able to assist your members reach their financial goals.
2015 FiCEP Training and Certification Schedule
Deadline for Registration: Tuesday, January 6
Orientation Webinar: Week of January 26
FiCEP Part 1 | Guided Self-Study Webinars
- Introduction to Financial Counseling (Module 1) | Tuesday, February 3
- Financial Counseling Essentials (Module 2) | Tuesday, February 10
- Study Group webinar (optional) | Thursday, February 12
- Special Issues in Financial Counseling (Module 3) | Tuesday, March 3
- Using Communication Skills During Financial Counseling (Module 4) | Thursday, March 12
- In-Person Training/Testing | Week of March 23
In-person proctored testing February 16-27 and/or March 16-27
FiCEP Part 2 | Guided Self-Study Webinars
- Taxes, Insurance and Investments (Module 5) | Tuesday, April 7
- Controlling Expenses & Underwriting Consumer Credit (Module 6) | Tuesday, April 14
- Study Group webinar (optional) | Thursday, April 16
- Matching Values to Money (Module 7) | Tuesday, May 5
- Retirement & Special Issues (Module 8) | Tuesday, May 12
- In-Person Training/Testing | Week of May 18
In-person proctored testing April 20-May 1 and/or May 18-29
All webinars will be recorded and available for participants who cannot attend the live session.
Test site locations will be Wichita and Topeka and other sites may be considered and determined based on location of participants.
What are the benefits of FiCEP for your credit union?
- Proven financial counseling skills become a part of your credit union’s culture
- Written for all staff so anyone can offer financial counseling during every member interaction
- Certification satisfies members’ needs as they continually look for the value of your credit union
- Differentiates your credit union with certified financial counselors on your team
- Helps members transform the way they deal with money through real-world counseling
How much does the program cost?
The cost to your credit union is $450 per person for books and exams. This includes eight (8) instructional webinars, two (2) study group webinars, (2) in-person training sessions and up to four (4) proctored exam sessions.
2 for 1 Option: CUNA will allow up to two employees to share a set of books. Please indicate this option on the registration form if sharing books. Cost for 2 for 1 option is $250 and covers costs of eight (8) proctored exams.
NOTE: The books have been revised for the 2015 program ;therefore, any books purchased in previous years will not be applicable for the 2015 program.
FiCEP Registration Form