The Kansas Credit Union Association is pleased to partner with REAL Solutions and CUNA to offer this unique financial counseling training program for credit union staff.
FiCEP, CUNA’s Financial Counseling Certification self-study program, enables all credit union staff to become more confident in helping members build a stronger financial future.
FiCEP is designed for credit union staff who work in the financial counseling, collections, and loan departments, or any other staff members who are committed to helping members gain control of their financial future. Modeled after the CUNA Certified Financial Counselor Schools, FiCEP includes two parts of four learning modules each. When participants successfully complete the proctored exams for both parts (eight total modules), they become a Credit Union Certified Financial Counselor ready and able to assist your members reach their financial goals.
FiCEP Training and Certification Schedule
Orientation Webinar: Tuesday, January 28 at 2:00 p.m.
FiCEP Part 1 | Guided Self-Study Webinars
- Introduction to Financial Counseling | Tuesday, February 4 at 10 a.m.
- Financial Counseling Essentials | Tuesday, February 11 at 10 a.m.
- Special Issues in Financial Counseling | Wednesday, March 5 at 2 p.m.
- Using Communication Skills During Financial Counseling | Tuesday, March 11 at 10 a.m.
In-person proctored testing February 17-28 and/or March 17-28
FiCEP Part 2 | Guided Self-Study Webinars
- Taxes, Insurance and Investments | Tuesday, April 1 at 10 a.m.
- Controlling Expenses & Underwriting Consumer Credit | Tuesday, April 8 at 10 a.m.
- Matching Values to Money | Tuesday, April 29 at 10 a.m.
- Retirement & Special Issues | Tuesday, May 6 at 10 a.m.
In-person proctored testing April 14-25 and/or May 12-23
Wrap-Up Session: Tuesday, June 3 at 2 p.m.
All webinars will be recorded and available for participants who cannot attend the live session.
Test site locations will be Wichita and Topeka and other sites may be considered and determined based on location of participants.
What are the benefits of FiCEP for your credit union?
- Proven financial counseling skills become a part of your credit union’s culture
- Written for all staff so anyone can offer financial counseling during every member interaction
- Certification satisfies members’ needs as they continually look for the value of your credit union
- Differentiates your credit union with certified financial counselors on your team
- Helps members transform the way they deal with money through real-world counseling
How much does the program cost?
The cost to your credit union is $450 per person for books and exams or $250 per person for exams only.
Most participants purchase FiCEP self-study books with the certification exams. Credit unions who purchased the FiCEP self-study books from CUNA since 2011 can reuse them by new staff members who enroll in the program this year using the "exams only” option.
FiCEP Registration Form