Councils and Affiliated Organizations are groups that are under the umbrella of the Kansas Credit Union Association but are governed under their own bylaws.
Skip down to Affiliated Organizations
|ALREADY A COUNCIL MEMBER? SIGN IN BELOW BY CLICKING THE COUNCIL LOGOS.
Councils promote synergy among all Kansas and Nebraska credit unions as the regional, primary source for uniting and energizing individuals and credit unions by sharing best practices, education and resources.
- Networking: Share ideas and learn from other credit union staff through a list serve, conference calls and education opportunities. Conference calls are free for Council members. Non-council member price is $10.
- Resources: One stop shop for credit union specific information.
- Education: A great place to learn through webinars, lunch and learn events, seminars and other opportunities specific to Council members. Council members receive a 10% discount on council discipline related webinars and quickbite teleconferences.
|ELIGIBILITY and MEMBERSHIP DUES
Council membership is available to employees or volunteers of affiliated Kansas or Nebraska credit unions or their CUSOs.
Annual dues are from September 1 - August 31. Annual dues are based on asset size and are a per-person, per-council fee. Sign up more than one person from your credit union for any of the Councils* and receive the following discount.
*discount does not apply to CUnext Council.
|CUs under $25M in assets
|CUs between $25-$75M in assets
|CUs over $75M in assets
CUnext Young Professionals Council Membership Dues
Annual dues are from September 1 - August 31, $25 per person.
: for those responsible for credit union staffing, policy, training and employment related issues. JOIN
for those who manage or facilitate the lending process. JOIN
: for those responsible for the marketing function at their your credit union. JOIN
: for those responsible for the technologies at their credit union. JOIN
CUnext Young Professionals
: open to all young professionals under 40 years old who are employed at a KCUA or NCUL affiliated credit union and their CUSOs. JOIN
Each Council is lead by leadership committee members whose duties include:
- Programming and content creation for Council events
- Council leadership development
- Communication to members, KCUA/NCUL boards and KCUA/NCUL liaisons
- Act as facilitator at meetings, make introductions at training sessions
- Promote membership
Interested in being a leadership committee member? Contact Gina Evans, (316) 942-7965 or (800) 362-2076, ext. 3010.
Call for nominations take place in October of each year. Elections are held in November. New directors will begin serving their terms January 1. In the event of a vacancy, the leadership committee will appoint a current council member to serve the remainder of the term.
Affiliated Organizations (formerly called chapters) are to function as an integral part of the Kansas Credit Union Association in an effort to advance the credit union movement. The purpose of Affiliated Organizations (A.O.) are to:
- Promote the benefits of membership in KCUA
- Promote understanding and support of the entire credit union system
- Promote and provide meetings of the A.O. members to exchange ideas and fulfil its purpose
- Promote interest and cooperation among credit unions
- Strengthen unity among members of the A.O. and promote a unified response to legislative issues concerning credit unions
- Strive for a uniformly high standard of conduct among credit unions and A.O. members
More about KCUA's Affiliated Organizations, including leadership directory and geographic location map.