The Art of Leadership.
CUlead is a program aimed at building and enhancing our credit union management staffs' leadership abilities to further the credit union and cooperative movements.
Dec 3: Inaugural CUlead Class Announced
Jump to Program Schedule | Forms
Who should apply?
Mid-level management who possess leadership potential and are ready to further develop their
Two or more years management/supervisory experience recommended.
About the Program
Why Apply for CUlead?
1 year commitment | Six, two-day sessions
Sessions and field trips held around the state
| ||Class size:|
12-15 leaders, per year
- Develop leadership skills and competencies
- Interact with your peers, to share and learn from each other
- Build on current leadership abilities
- Learn from nationally recognized presenters and industry experts
- Engage in dialogue with peers and speakers
Participant Program Expectations
- Complete all pre-session assignments.
- Complete group and individual assignments and projects in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in all sessions. This includes being a group leader,making presentations to the group and more
- Identify and select a mentor who will assist the participant in the program.
- Communicate roles and responsibilities to mentor
- $1,500 *scholarships available from the YES Committee (see application form)
For complete details go to Session Descriptions.
Session 1 | February 9-10, 2015 | Topeka
The importance of advocacy
Day at the Capitol
Session 2 | April 21-22, 2015 | Wichita
CU philosophy: yesterday, today and tomorrow
Field trip | Mid Kansas Cooperative Association
Session 3 | June 23-24, 2015 | Wichita
Media and community relations
Session 4 | August 25-26, 2015 | Kansas City
Financial management and regulator insights
Field trip | Federal Reserve Bank
Session 5 | October 20-21, 2015 | Topeka
Session 6 | December 8-9, 2015 | Wichita
Field trip: local credit unions
Final project presentations and graduation
Questions? Contact Gina Evans, (800) 362-2076, ext. 3010.